Monday, May 4, 2009

Better late then never


Well I know it's been a couple weeks again, but Aiden and I were sick with colds and trying to get rid of them (which took quite awhile) and we've been gone a lot on the weekends, which is when I usually have time to write on the blog. Life just seems to keep getting busier. By the time we get home we have to feed Aiden and make dinner for ourselves, play with Aiden, give him a bath and get him ready for bed which is usually between 7:30-8:30 and we still have to do a few things around the house and the past few weeks, it's been to bed early for me because I wasn't feeling well. I promise to try harder over the next few weeks since we are staying home and feeling good.

So since the last post, we did Easter with Andy's family on April 26th. We went up to Phil and Cindy's. It was about a 3 hour ride, but Aiden did really well. Even though he had a cold, he was still happy to see everyone. He didn't get to have one of Cindy's yummy pork chops though. We're still working on Gerber puffs and Cheerios. Maybe next year. (Below are a few pictures from Phil and Cindy's)



The weekend of May 1st, Aiden and I went to Busha and grandpa Bezemek's. I had a bridal shower to go to. Aiden was still a little under the weather. He still had a little cold and he was teething. (Tooth number 8 is about a quarter of the way through) He had a low grade fever so he didn't want anything to do with anyone but me. He did go right to my friend Christy. It was their first meeting (she lives in Florida). They talk on the phone, so he must have recognized her voice. I was very excited to see her since it's been since January 2008. We'll get to spend more time with her in June and we are all looking forward to it! Uncle Eric was at my mom and dad's as well and Aiden did eventually go to him and was having lots of fun. He felt better on Sunday before we left so everyone got to enjoy him then. For some strange reason, Aiden likes to sit in a clothes basket. We stuck him in one at home once to be funny and he loved it. So while we were at mom and dad's, we put him in theirs but they have clothes pins in theirs and Aiden thought it was so much fun to throw them out of the basket.


This past weekend, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Marple's. Andy made a nice steak dinner with potatoes and asparagus for me and his mom for Mother's Day. It was very yummy and I think we all ate too much :) It was a nice relaxing weekend and of course grandma and grandpa really enjoy having Aiden around and hate to see him leave. (forgot to take the camera)

Aiden is talking a lot. He says "baby" now. I'm sure he doesn't know what baby means, but he can say it. I was hoping for a "mama" for Mother's Day, but no such luck. He still has a lot of dada's, gaga's and baba's. He's still doing very well at his new day care. We really like her a lot and Aiden does too. He's always smiling and laughing when I pick him up. We're starting to introduce more foods to him. It's fun watching all the faces he makes when he eats something he hasn't had before. He's doing pretty good with a sippy cup. He loves water. He prefers that to juice. I haven't left Andy alone to feed him again since the last time :) Anyway, it's getting late and I need to get ready for bed. I promise to try to get some good pictures this weekend since we'll be home and get a post up sometime on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment