Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Last Night

I ended up being correct in my assumption that last night was going to be a long night. I tried to go to bed but Aiden didn't allow it. Everytime we put him down, he cried. Andy tried to rock him, but that didn't work. He wanted Mama and Andy felt kind of bad but then I reminded him "When you were little and you didn't feel good, who did you go to?" and of course he said "Mom". So I ended up putting him in bed with me (not a good habit but I needed sleep). He probably fell asleep between 10 and 10:30. Andy came up to go to bed about midnight and he tried to move Aiden to his crib. That was not a good idea because the hour of sleep I got before Andy moved him was all I got until about 4:45 (did I mention my alarm goes off at 5). I felt so bad for Aiden. He only had a temp of 99.7 under the arm, but that was enough to make him feel icky. He would calm down for awhile but then he would just start crying and not his normal cry but this awful, loud scream. So then I would get up and rock him and that would calm him down but as soon as I put him down, he would cry. I changed him and fed him but nothing worked. Andy slept in the basement from midnight until about 2 ish and then he came up to see if he could calm him. The answer was no. We put him back in bed with both of us and finally about 3:45 his fever broke and he started to smile again. But of course then he was talking and wanted to play. So about 4:45 he fell asleep. My alarm went off at 5 and I reset it for 6 and hit snooze until 6:30. Andy ended up staying home with him today and when I last checked in, he seemed to be feeling better. I'm just trying to make it until 5 so I can get home and just maybe be able to get a little sleep tonight. The joys of parenthood :) But I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment