Monday, June 29, 2009

Finally crawling

Last Wednesday, Aiden crawled for the first time while he was at daycare. Now he's on the go all the time. Most of the time he does more of an army crawl but gets to where he wants to go. He's doing very well with walking while holding on to our hands. He's standing up against the couch or his little table a lot now without falling over. If I had to guess, he'll be pretty close to walking by his first birthday.

We spent our first night away from him last week. My mom and dad came down on Wednesday and stayed the night. They left Thursday morning and took Aiden with them to Ubly. Aiden did better than I did, but I survived. It was very nice to have some time to ourselves Thursday night. We went and saw The Hangover. (Great movie) It had been over a year since we had been to the theater. Not much has changed...still expensive but it was nice to to out. We ended up going to Ubly later on Friday night. I wasn't sure we were going to make it because I ended up getting really light-headed and dizzy at work Friday and Andy actually had to pick me up because I didn't start feeling better at all. I was sweating, nauseous and my legs felt like jello. Not sure what happened (blood sugar, stress, who knows) but no more mall Chinese food for me. After I got home and Andy got me laying down, I had some OJ and slept for a little bit and felt a little better. I could at least stand up without falling over. We ended up heading to Ubly later that night but by that time Aiden was already sleeping. He did wake up about 11:30 screaming and continued that throughout the night. We probably got about 3 hours of sleep that night. We think it was his teeth and possibly a little ear ache. I had my friend Andrea's shower on SAturday morning and I got yelled at for not bringing Aiden but I figured he needed to stay home and rest. Luckily he was in a better mood the rest of the weekend. SAturday night he got to see his first polka band at the wedding reception we went to. He enjoyed the music and dancing. We left pretty early though because we wanted Aiden to sleep and mom and dad needed sleep as well. We got to spend some time with Great Grandma and Christy on Sunday which was nice and then we headed back to Lansing this afternoon.

I just realized that a lot of the pictures of Aiden are on my mom's camera and on the video camera which I still can't post on here until Andy sets it up for me, so I'll have to have her send them to me. The ones I posted are from our visit with Great Grandma. He wouldn't go to her all week until we went to her house on Sunday, then they were buddies. He even got to have some ice cream to help his teeth feel better so he would stop chewing on the cold pop that he stole from daddy.

Anyway, I need to get ready for bed. It's been a long weekend and a good nights sleep will hit the spot. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment